detail of Stampflehmbauweise (rammed-earth process) wall
Berlin's Kapelle der Versöhnung (chapel of the reconciliation) was built on the exact site of the Versöhnungskirche, which had survived the Anglo-American bombings of Berlin but not the pathology of the GDR. The 1895 church was destroyed in 1985 in order to improve the security of the wall standing adjacent to it. The history is a little complex, making the story of the new chapel, and its construction, even richer than it might be otherwise.
Today the Kapelle is a part of the Berlin Wall Memorial on Bernauer Strasse.
The image at the top shows pieces of various materials (which here or elsewhere include stone, tile glass) which came from the rubble of the original church.
This is a view of the entire chapel, the rammed-earth wall can be detected behind the vertical square-section raw wood slats: